Trail Head 1
- What the heck is an income plan and why do I need it?
- How do I make sure I don’t run out of money?
An income plan dictates what, how and when you draw from each investment during your retirement years. What this does for you is ensure you are taking money out in the most tax-efficient and cost-effective way in order to make your money last. State of the art income planning technology will also highlight if and when you begin to run out of money so we can discuss how to solve for that deficit.
Trail Head #2
- What happens if there’s another 2008 and I am already retired?
- How do I know what investments are best for me?
The effect of taking money out of an account during retirement when it is down is serious. Portfolio performance is significantly impacted when this is done so we put extra emphasis on avoiding stock market downturns. Through an in-depth approach and smart technology we assess your tolerance for risk (real and imagined) and choose investments accordingly. As fiduciaries we are not a one size fits all business.
Your Questions: Trail Head #3 Tax Planning
- How can I make sure I’m not paying too much in taxes?
- Where should I draw money out first to be most tax efficient?
- How do I avoid taxes to my heirs?
By assessing the taxable nature of your current holdings, and strategizing ways to include tax-deferred or tax-free money in your retirement plan, we help you answer these questions. We regularly speak with clients’ CPA’s and have multiple relationships with CPA’s of our own to answer questions outside of our scope.
Trail Head 4: Long Term Care
- I want someone to shoot me before I need long-term care, but what if no one will?
All too often people rely on passing at just the right moment. It’s hard to imagine not being healthy when we’re feeling good. However, long-term care is an important part of retirement planning. By discussing and addressing this early on, we strive to solve for financial deficits in your plan, should long-term care threaten to drain your assets.
Trail Head Number 5: Legacy Planning
- How can I be sure my heirs will have some money left after I die? Or,
- How do I time it so I spend the last penny on the day of my death?
Ensuring that your financial plan doesn’t fall apart once you pass away is an important part of what we do with our clients. We have the capacity to build wills, trusts and other legal documents in our office through our partnership with a law firm. We also regularly speak with outside client attorneys to ensure that beneficiaries are set up properly and your wishes are carried out.
Ready to Take The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend a seminar.